Answered

Step-by-step to sell an eBook

I am completely new to MemberMouse and in my 14-day trial. I am excited by the potential for my site and looking to take small steps initially.

I see good documentation and training but I have a high-level scenario that seems pretty common and, rather than piece together the various steps, I was wondering if there's a "scenario-based step-by-step" somewhere (a "walkthrough" of sorts).

My objective is very simple - sell an eBook. I have all sorts of plans later related to this but my very first step is to make an eBook available and allow folks to purchase.

I would really like to see the aforementioned walkthrough but my questions for now are...

1. How does this relate to "members"? I just want folks to purchase (that's where MemberMouse will be relevant) but, at the end of the purchase, do I consider them "members" per se? Is that the required MemberMouse model? If so, do I need a membership level specifically for these type of one-off purchases?

2. How should I approach this in terms of products, bundles and membership levels? Later, I would expect to have a membership level where these are maybe free. But, initially, I don't have any plans for membership levels and want to keep this as simple as possible.

3. How do set this up so that at the conclusion of the purchase the eBook is eMailed to the customer?

4. This is a lower priority for now, but if I eventually release a paid membership level where the eBook is included. So, I'd want to reduce the membership level price if they have already purchased. Feasible?

Thanks.

Mark

1 person has this question
Answer
1. How does this relate to "members"? I just want folks to purchase (that's where MemberMouse will be relevant) but, at the end of the purchase, do I consider them "members" per se? Is that the required MemberMouse model? If so, do I need a membership level specifically for these type of one-off purchases?
Everyone who makes a purchase on your site through MM will become a member. You could use the default free membership level for this, or create your own.

2. How should I approach this in terms of products, bundles and membership levels? Later, I would expect to have a membership level where these are maybe free. But, initially, I don't have any plans for membership levels and want to keep this as simple as possible.
You can create a bundle to protect the eBook download page. Often, and additional plugin such as WordPress Download Manager is used to also protect the file. Then you can create a product to affix a price to the bundle.

3. How do set this up so that at the conclusion of the purchase the eBook is eMailed to the customer?
You could use a push notification triggered by the "bundle added" event to send a download link.
http://support.membermouse.com/support/solutions/articles/9000020171-using-push-notifications

4. This is a lower priority for now, but if I eventually release a paid membership level where the eBook is included. So, I'd want to reduce the membership level price if they have already purchased. Feasible?
You could use SmartTags to determine whether a member already has the bundle, and display a purchase link for the reduced-price product.

Login or Signup to post a comment