Deferred

Show content between SmartTags for only 'x' amount of days

It would be useful to show certain bits of content for only a few days, or 24 hours as the case may be. Example:

[MM_Member_Decision membershipId='1' daysAsMember='7&-8']

So in this case the member would see the content between the SmartTags on the 7th day of membership and would no longer be able to see it on the 8th day of membership, in effect making this a 24 hour only offer.

This way we can display in-house offers that expire in 24 hours, or 48 hours or what have you.

It would be nice to have this option with daysWithBundle as well.

1 person likes this idea
You can accomplish this currently by using the PHP interface. You would just do something like this:

if(mm_member_decision(array("daysAsMember"=>"7") && mm_member_decision(array("daysAsMember"=>"-8")) {
// perform action
}

http://support.membermouse.com/knowledgebase/articles/319071-using-the-php-interface
Hi Eric,

Thanks for that. I've been playing with this PHP but the problem is that I get back a lot of parsing errors when I try to wrap existing content/HTML with this PHP tag.

(disclosure: I'm *not* a developer nor do I play one on TV!)

Hence why it would be incredibly useful to have this functionality available in SmartTag form.

Currently we can do this:

[MM_Member_Decision membershipId='1' daysAsMember='7']

...and this:

[MM_Member_Decision membershipId='1' daysAsMember='-8']

But not both at the same time, like this:

[MM_Member_Decision membershipId='1' daysAsMember='7&-8']

I imagine it would behoove your marketing as well to be able to tell prospects that they can offer their members super-targeted in-house upsells with built in time scarcity.

What do you reckon? :)

Vic
Hi MemberMousers!

I've worked out how to do this with Eric's help and the help of my friend Rich Vader over at EasyWebStarter.com

Here's the documentation for anyone who would like to take advantage of this functionality:

http://www.vicdorfman.com/forum/wordpress-membership-plugins/membermouse-how-to-display-content-for-a-finite-period-of-time/

Thank you for this suggestion! This feature request or some aspect of the functionality suggested is currently being reviewed for possible inclusion in a future update. If there is additional information, this post will be updated to reflect it.

Login or Signup to post a comment