Not Taken

Option to Choose What Happens to a Member Once Membership Expires

Currently, when a non-subscription membership expires, the member goes into "Expired" status. So, a previously paid member can no participate as a Free member. And if that member decides to renew his now expired membership, MM does not "recognize" him when he attempts to fill out a new registration form.

I would like to be able to choose what happens to a paid member once his membership expires. For example, when a paid membership expires, it would be nice to be able to automatically move that member to a Free membership.

2 people like this idea
Same here !

A simple checkbox with a target level selection for choosing the level after expiration would be great.

There is a lot of logic in MM but this is missing :)

I was using another plugin. They had settings for me to choose what level(membership) the user will automatically be demoted

In order to automatically switch members over to a free membership when their account expires/cancels, you can use the push notification system to call a custom script which would update the member's account to be active on a free membership. 

This article (Automatically Downgrade to a Free Membership when an Account Expires or is Canceled) provides a code-based method and includes a download of a sample script to use as a starting point. 

Note that this script is intended for people with development experience. The MemberMouse Customer Success Team cannot provide any support in relation to the interpretation or use of this script.

Thank you for your input! Even though MemberMouse will not be implementing this suggestion, your feature request provides valuable insight into the needs of our community and helps shape future plugin decisions.

This thread has been closed due to lack of activity.

Comments to this discussion are now closed!