Deferred

Credit Card/PayPal Toggle On Checkout Page

Customers could toggle whether they want to pay with a credit card or PayPal.

If they toggled PayPal they would only be presented with information required only for PayPal on the checkout page.

So by toggling PayPal, the credit card info and billing info would be removed since they would have to input this information once redirected to PayPal.

Also by enabling this the customer would only have to submit one checkout button and either be charged directly if paying with credit card or redirected to PayPal to finish their payment.

4 people like this idea
yep i like it
I completely agree. Right now the user goes to the checkout page, sees billing and credit card information then looks to the right to see a PayPal button. It's confusing to them. Think like a customer who barely knows how to use their mouse. Make it simple. Flow chart if for them. First ask them how they want to pay - either via PayPal or CC. If PayPal them there is no need to display credit card information.

Yes, that would be great. The checkout form seems overly complicate and this would be one step to making it better.

This article describes a method that can be used to toggle between Credit Card and PayPal on the checkout page:

http://support.membermouse.com/support/solutions/articles/9000073291-toggle-credit-card-and-paypal-on-checkout

That method does not work as far as I can tell. I hacked together something similar, but it isn't pretty. It would be great if this could be built into the membermouse software as a feature.

I tried that method as well and couldn't get it to work.  But I agree, the current setup is confusing. the user doesn't need to see any fields (billing, username, passwords, etc.) if paying via paypal.

would it be possible to use decision tags + radio buttons to make this work?

User sees order info....and is asked how they want to pay (PP vs. CC).

If PP - show appropriate button.....offsite payment is started.
If CC - user must fill out CC details....onsite payment is started.

Boom - sale.

Is this doable?  And if so, could someone outline the exact process (the checkout page has about 5,000 characters....i don't wanna mess anything up and break the page).

cheers

Thank you for this suggestion! This feature request or some aspect of the functionality suggested is currently being reviewed for possible inclusion in a future update. If there is additional information, this post will be updated to reflect it.

Login or Signup to post a comment