Answered

Anyone integrate Membermouse and Buddypress or any other plug to create a community?

I'd like to add a community to my Membermouse-integrated site. I want member profiles and such. I've read about Buddypress and a few other plugs. Just wondering if anyone here has done this and with which plugs? If so, I'd like to know how you went about this. Thanks! Dave

1 person has this question
Dave - I am using BP with MM. What specifically do you need to know?
I'm also trying to use both. Can the signup information be used to add the new person to a membership list?
Christina - I’d like to know, are you using MM just for basic registration, and then BP to power all profile data? I’d like to keep all member data within MM, and use BP solely to power a directory and individual profile pages (no real social network activity), but stuff I’ve read so far looks like the two systems don’t really share data.
I have found another plugin that beats the pants off of BuddyPress / BBPress.
I have finished a full review of it here: https://incomedecoded.com/reviews/diving-into-wp-symposium-pro/

I am embarking on the same type of project. I want to use a BuddyPress Theme with MemberMouse as a front-end for limiting access to the BuddyPress functionality. My question really is, are these two systems compatible? Can I have a generic front end for registration or login, then a back end that utilizes the MemberMouse user info to limit access to the BuddyPress data?
I am showing MM account details within BP profile in place of the BP General tab. I am using MM for every aspect. I am using all the features of BP as well with exception of General tab which is now replace with MM account details.
Christina, how were you able to replace buddy press profile info with MM account details?
Hi Christina,

I am wondering how you replaced the BP Profile info with the MM acount details as well. Thanks!
How did you replace the BuddyPress profile info with MemberMouse data? Specifically? Cheers
Hi Christina R,
I am considering using BuddyPress (BP) and like everyone else, I am wondering if it is as simple as not using the general tab in BP.
Or, was there something more specific you had to do to make MemberMouse (MM) work with BP?

Hi Eric Turnnessen,
I have searched user community and the knowledge base for answers to this question and I am hoping you can help answer the question.
Answer I found this https://buddypress.org/support/topic/membermouse/ in a BuddyPress support forum.
Membermouse does work with Buddypress using their signup form only. But by using an additional field for registration [MM_Form_Field name=’username’]
Christina, how specifically did you get membermouse to work with buddypress?
I've just set up BuddyPress on my site, and it seems to be fine except one thing - the site loads really slow now. Has anyone else had this problem? Most of what read about slow BP sites say to use caching but apparently that's tricky with MM.

Maybe I should have started this as a new discussion?

I've already set up a BuddyPress community and would like to add the integration of the sign up forms as mentioned above. While I appreciate the single sentence regarding adding the MemberMouse short code, and the individual letting us know they are able to do this, can someone clarify exactly how this is accomplished: 

"I am showing MM account details within BP profile in place of the BP General tab. I am using MM for every aspect. I am using all the features of BP as well with exception of General tab which is now replace with MM account details" 

Thanks!

Brad

Login or Signup to post a comment