Answered

is there a way to allow someone to signup to a Free bundle?

Currently you can generate a signup form for a free Membership Level. You can also assign a Free bundle to that membership level.

However, that is not the same as manually assigning the Bundle to the member and I really think it should be.
Answer Hi there. Please check out this article, which should help you do that

http://support.membermouse.com/knowledgebase/articles/319224-allow-member-s-to-apply-a-free-bundle-to-their-acc
Unfortunately, one can only register for a free bundle AFTER they become a member.

We hold some of our web-conference meetings at no charge to provide education ---> and secure new registrants/members.

As MemberMouse does a great job of helping to advance participation and purchases by members/users -- it would greatly simplify the user experience (and help us to NOT lose interested potential members), if we could have a free-bundle option for non-members. . . that automatically set them as a member at the default level (like happens with a product purchased via a bundle).

Bottom line - free bundles should work just like bundles with products associated so that the flow is the same and the user experience (capture) is simplified.

"Bottom line - free bundles should work just like bundles with products associated so that the flow is the same and the user experience (capture) is simplified."

I agree with this.  I am segmenting my users before asking them to create their free account, so once they do, I want to associate a different free bundle with them so I can send them different email campaigns and show them different content based on their segmentation, even though they are all "free" members.  

Second this. I think I'd like to see Products generalized to handle zero-value, that way every sign-up flow is the same for free and paid offerings, including one-click purchasing. 

We tried for a long while to make this free bundle thing work and ultimately gave up, implemented a gravity-forms registration for our free events. We use shortcodes to show gravity forms to anyone who would qualify for the free "bundle", except now obviously, there's no free bundle. Between paid purchases and gravity forms, we're now looking for registrants in two places. =( 

To an outsider, generalizing Products to allow zero value seems as simple as an "if" statement:

if (value > 0) call payment processor else don't

do everything else

Login or Signup to post a comment