Answered

The checkout page design seems to confusing to me. Anyone else?

I think the design/layout of the checkout page is very confusing.  Is it possible to make it like this - one section below the other:

1 - product/membership description

2 - account information section

3 - text explaining that if they are paying through paypal, they just need to click the paypal button (which would be displayed right below this text) and also explaining that if they are paying by credit card to keep scrolling down and fill out the credit card billing information

4 - the paypal button

5 - the credit card billing section

6 - the submit order button

It appears that the 'submit order' button and paypal button can't be separated though.  Is there any way around that?  Or is that something a developer could do?  How have other people set up their checkout pages so that they are less confusing?

Answer

I agree, the stock one is confusing. However, it's just html. You can make it however you want. Customize it, or create your own:

http://support.membermouse.com/support/solutions/articles/9000057655-how-do-i-create-a-member-signup-form-

You can also separate the order button and paypal button.

http://support.membermouse.com/support/solutions/articles/9000020307-customize-buttons-on-the-checkout-page

We have 5 MM Checkout Snippets of various styles available for the MM community.

Please checkin in at gets.io to learn more

has anyone figured out how to do with the original poster requested?

1 - product/membership description

2 - account information section

3 - text explaining that if they are paying through paypal, they just need to click the paypal button (which would be displayed right below this text) and also explaining that if they are paying by credit card to keep scrolling down and fill out the credit card billing information

4 - the paypal button

4.a - text explaining that if paying by CC, they can fill out the details down below.

5 - the credit card billing section

6 - the submit order button

I would really like this function as well.  

Make it clear (side-by-side preferably) that the user can checkout immediately with PayPal....or they can fill in all their billing info and pay with credit card.  The current checkout page is confusing.  and given that the backend is code is so long and complex, I don't wanna mess around with decision-tags and break something.

if anyone has already figured this out - could u just paste the html code in this message - or add as attachment?

cheers,

i may have found a way to rebuild the checkout cart so that the distinction between paypal and CC is more pronounced.

attached is some customized code that - so far - is working on my end.  

There's a highlighted portion in the attachment where you need to put your own domain name.

Login or Signup to post a comment