Deferred

Make it easier for expired members to join up again

When a member's membership completely expires / gets cancelled for any reason and their account is put into cancelled mode, it's difficult for them to renew because they need to remember exactly what info they used when they signed up (email address, password, username).

There should be a way to send them an email link that simply allows them to pay again and not have to remember all the exact details they used when they sign up. Seems like this would totally feasible for MemberMouse to do programmatically speaking.

Thanks for listening!

7 people like this idea

is there an answer...i agree

I'm awaiting an answer also...

MemberMouse can be configured to allow or disallow purchases to be made on existing accounts by logged out users. Essentially this means that the user does not have to log in first through the login page before making a purchase on the checkout page. You can read more about this and find the steps to set this up in the article here:

Allow Logged Out Members to Make Purchases

THEN: But will this work for expired members who are trying to renew? 

It should work for anyone who already has an account associated with your site, regardless of their current status. I just tested this on my test environment with complete success. As long as the user uses the correct password with the associated email, then they should be allowed to checkout. If the forget their password they can simply reset their password and then use that on the checkout page. 

THEN:

So either way they will need their password before checking out? 

That is correct.

This is a default action of security to protect your members information. Otherwise it could cause wrong purchases on the account, and reports could be thrown out of sync.  

You can manually send them a link to resubscribe. I'm not sure if you were looking for an automatic solution or not, though.

Note that the feature request forum is intended as a "suggestion box" that our product team monitors when looking for features to implement. The discussion forum is the best place to discuss things and ask questions:
http://support.membermouse.com/support/discussions/forums/9000092012

Thank you for this suggestion! This feature request or some aspect of the functionality suggested is currently being reviewed for possible inclusion in a future update. If there is additional information, this post will be updated to reflect it.

Though the following is not automated, in the meantime, you can accomplish this by using the admin functionality to Email a Purchase Link to that expired member that would allow them to sign back up without having to remember their information. 

Login or Signup to post a comment