Using a Coupon on a Product with a Trial Period

Be able to show price of membership after free trial with a coupon applied.

Currently using "productPriceDescription" SmartTag doesn't update the price after coupon code is applied. So the user does not see the new subscription cost at the checkout.

2 people like this idea

bumping this again.

Thank you for this suggestion! This feature request or some aspect of the functionality suggested is currently being reviewed for possible inclusion in a future update. If there is additional information, this post will be updated to reflect it.

It's really annoying issue.

My development team has added a custom script on our site to enable the output of price after coupon is input, even with trial period.  It takes a little bit of script massaging whenever new coupons are added, but it works like a charm in our environment.  Not sure what you'd have to do in yours.

I had brought this issue up in several feature requests, but to no avail. Before this, we lost many sales for lack of clear price disclosures when coupon is inserted.

@Zou could you share the script if it's ok for you so It would be helpful for others. Thanks.

Yogesh.  I can, but before I do that I want to make sure that besides the script if there are some other adjustments that have been made to child theme for the layout of the output...or you can decide how the layout is determined on your side.  I cannot give you a tutorial other than some basic pointers.  Outside of that, I can try to answer questions if you come across an obstacle. Stand by while I throw together an example.

@Zou Thank you very much for your help It's greatly appreciated. I am super fast in understanding the stuff so your code snippets and basic points are ok for me to move on. no need for tutorial or explaination.

okay, no problem.  Attached is a word file with the script.  Highlighted in yellow/red is the section that needs to be modified everytime a new coupon id added, where COUPONNAME is your coupon, and the other variables coincide with those that your coupon is set up with. If you have more coupons, just add another line of code in the coupons section.

I believe this script works specifically for recurring charges, but it might be adaptable. Like I said, you may have to modify it for your purposes, but this could get you inspired/started.

Here's an example of how it outputs in our system. -

Let me know how it goes and if you need any more input that I could get clarifications for.

Login or Signup to post a comment