Deferred

Activity Log Cleanup Should Not Remove Billing Info

Currently the activity log cleanup deletes billing info. Our choices are to keep an indefinite log that retains this information as well as being bloated with all page accesses, or let it delete billing information. Neither choice is good. Most US based businesses need to retain accounting info for 7 years. 

Transaction info is available with the browse transaction report. However this does not show everything, and it is not viewable on the member's account profile.

The activity log cleanup should only remove page accesses or at least have that option. Affiliate tracking is billing related. All successful and failed attempts, overdue status, emails and access rights all qualify as billing related and should be retained. The majority of the log will be page access and is the only thing that should be cleaned up. 

3 people like this idea

Agree 100%. I'm stunned that my only choice is to keep everything or lose everything. I can't lose the payment info but fear my ever growing activity log may eventually become a problem.

Thank you for this suggestion! This feature request or some aspect of the functionality suggested is currently being reviewed for possible inclusion in a future update. If there is additional information, this post will be updated to reflect it.

Strongly second.

At a minimum the default removal setting should be 730 days, since MM has conflicting default settings under "products" to facilitate annual billing. The slightest payment hiccup on an *annual* product results in effective loss of last renewal information in the activity log, unless the activity log cleanup is reconfigured away from the 365 day default.

-Doug

Login or Signup to post a comment