Answered

Manage Members "Names" are Blank

When I go to Manage Members, I see a list of all my registered users.  Unfortunately, the "Name" column is totally empty.  I only see data for:

Emails (which I collect)

Member Level

Registered (date)

Engagement

Status

Actions

(I don't collect phones or have bundles so this is okay).

When I click on any member, I can see their name just fine.  And their names also appear on My Account pages (if they're logged in).

I've attached a screenshot of the dashboard....and another screenshot of an individual member page.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Also - is it possible to have MM always show 100 users per page?  It defaults to 20, and I have to keep resetting it, which is kind of annoying.

Cheers everyone.

Answer
The first and last names can be required on a sign up form like this:

First Name: [MM_Form_Field type="input" name="firstName" isRequired='true'] 

Last Name: [MM_Form_Field type="input" name="lastName" isRequired='true']

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the response.

I know how to make fields required....but what I'm dealing with is slightly different.

For my signup form, I only need 3 fields:

1. The first name (to address them)
  2. The email (to contact them)
  3. The password (to protect them)

Anything else is unnecessary - and potentially conversion-killing.....even the last name.

But MM support has just informed me that if a user doesn't supply both a First & Last name during the signup, the entire "Name" column in manage members will remain blank.  That column only works if both names are supplied (even though I don't need or want the user's last name....I only need the first name).

Hoping this will be addressed in a future update.

Cheers

Login or Signup to post a comment