Deferred

Require New Users to Manually Sign in - First Time

With my current “sign-up” form, a new user is redirected to the confirmation page (which is great). But that user is also automatically signed in without having to do anything special.

Is there a way to “force” new users to manually sign in. Perhaps I can include a Login link in their welcome email.

The danger is that one can sign up using a fake name and email.

I’ve even included a snapshot of one such account (name = #, email = 0@8.com. PW = 1).

That account went thru just fine. And now user “#” has access to my member site.

I’ve included a snapshot of the confirmation page – with green highlights of menu options that only true users should be able to see.

Any suggestions?

[p.s. – I posted this question in a different forum about 5 min ago, but I don’t think it published correctly….apologies for any repeats]

2 people like this idea

Thank you for this suggestion! This feature request or some aspect of the functionality suggested is currently being reviewed for possible inclusion in a future update. If there is additional information, this post will be updated to reflect it.

Hi guys,

Just circling around to this topic again. Has there been any more progress on this?

Login or Signup to post a comment