IMPORTANT: In order to use the iDevAffiliate integration, make sure you're on iDevAffiliate 7.4 or later. Read this article to learn more about iDevAffiliate 7.4.
Follow the steps below to integrate with iDevAffiliate:
- In the MemberMouse menu, click Affiliate Settings and then click on the Affiliate Integration tab.
Choose iDevAffiliate from the Select Provider drop down menu.
Login to your iDevAffiliate account in another browser window.
From the iDevAffiliate Admin Center, go to System Settings > General Settings.
- On the General Settings screen, copy the iDevAffiliate Installation URL.
Return to the MemberMouse Affiliate Integration screen and paste the URL into the iDevAffiliate URL field.
- NOTE: Make sure this URL is an exact match, otherwise it will cause communication errors between MemberMouse and iDevAffiliate.
Return to your iDevAffiliate site and click the Help icon in the upper right corner and click the System Info tab. In the Secret Key For API Scripts section, copy the Secret Key.
Return to the MemberMouse Affiliate Integration screen and paste the secret key into the API Secret Key field.
- Click the button to continue the configuration process.
- Once you're finished click the button to save your settings.
Enable Passing Affiliate ID to Your Landing Page
In order for MemberMouse to track which affiliate is responsible for a sale, you'll need to configure iDevAffiliate to pass the affiliate ID to your site.
- Under the Enable Passing Affiliate ID to Your Landing Page header, click the button to go to iDevAffiliate to enable passing the affiliate ID to your landing page (make sure you're already logged into iDevAffiliate before clicking this button otherwise it will just take you to the login page).
In the Available Variables section, for the Affiliate ID data item, select Yes from the drop down in the Enabled column.
Click the button to save your settings.
Configure Per-Product Commissions (optional)
IMPORTANT- If you choose to configure Per-Product Commissions, this will override any Commission Profiles you have configured in MemberMouse.
MemberMouse will pass the product ID purchased to iDevAffiliate when reporting a commission which gives you the opportunity to configure a specific commission the affiliate should receive by product. Download this PDF from iDevAffiliate to learn more about per-product commissions.
- Under the Configure Per-Product Commissions header, click the button to go to iDevAffiliate to configure per-product commissions (make sure you're already logged into iDevAffiliate before clicking this button otherwise it will just take you to the login page).
For each product you want to configure custom commissions for, set the Product Identifier to the product ID from MemberMouse.
Set the Product Amount to the product price in MemberMouse.
Set the Commission Amount as desired; flat rate or percentage.
Click the button to save your settings.
Automatic Affiliate Account Creation (optional)
You can optionally configure MemberMouse to automatically create affiliate accounts when members sign up for certain membership levels. Read this article to learn how to configure automated affiliate account creation.
Enable IP Address Tracking (optional)
MM 2.2.0iDevAffiliate supports IP tracking. Sometimes a customer who is a legitimate referral can arrive at the checkout page without the referring affiliate's ID being provided. IP tracking is a backup method used to attempt to match a sale with the referring affiliate using the customer's IP address.
iDevAffiliate is an external system so a time overhead is involved in making a request to it (the time it takes for the iDevAffiliate server to receive and respond to the request), in order to be as efficient as possible, MemberMouse's default behavior is to only make requests when an affiliate commission is explicitly indicated (i.e. if the affiliate ID is present or a coupon code is applied to the order)
Enabling IP tracking in MemberMouse bypasses these efficiency rules and a commission request will be sent to iDevAffiliate on every sale. For this reason, we do not recommend using this feature unless you have reason to believe that a sizable amount of your customers arrive on your site without an affiliate being explicitly indicated.
If you're using affiliate URLs such as
http://yourdomain.com/?affid=123, an explicit affiliate ID will be present close to 100% of the time so enabling IP address tracking shouldn't be necessary.
To enable this feature, click the checkbox located on the iDevAffiliate