Activate the GetResponse API
- Log into your GetResponse account.
- Click the My Account link in the upper right portion of the screen.
- From the My Account page, click the Use GetResponse API button.
- You will be directed to the My API Key page. Toggle the button to On and a confirmation box will pop up.
- Click the button to enable your API key.
- Now that you've enabled your API key, you will see Your Secret API key.
- Click the button to copy your secret API key to paste into MemberMouse in the next step.
- In the MemberMouse menu, click Email Settings and then click on the Email Integrations tab.
- Choose GetResponse from the Select Provider dropdown menu.
- After you have selected GetResponse, an empty API key field will show up.
- Paste your API key into this field here.
- If you have a GetResponse360 account, check the box, GetResponse360 Account, and paste your API URL into the Custom API URL field.
- Click to save your settings.
Note: GetResponse uses the term Campaign for what MemberMouse considers to be a list.
Disable Opt-in Requirement via API (optional)
By default, GetResponse requires an opt-in process for all email addresses added via their API. MemberMouse utilizes the GetResponse API to automatically add and move members between lists based on their access rights. When the opt-in process is enabled, the member will receive an email from GetResponse every time they're added to a list asking them to click a link to confirm they want to be added. Not only does this effect the user experience, it also creates a situation where GetResponse can become out of sync with MemberMouse. If the member chooses to simply ignore the confirmation email, they won't be added to list as you expected.
GetResponse has stated that you can disable the opt-in process for your Email, API, and Web subscriptions in your Campaign Settings > Permission tab. On your Dashboard, please select your campaign the top right corner and click the settings gear icon. Go to Permission tab and uncheck the boxes for subscriptions. More information on that can be found here: http://support.getresponse.com/faq/how-i-edit-opt-in-settings
Map Membership Levels and Bundles to Mailing Lists
Now, you are ready to move onto the next part of email integration where you'll map membership levels and bundles to mailing lists.
- Read this article to learn how to map membership levels to mailing lists.
- Read this article to learn how to map bundles to mailing lists.