Create a Custom Checkout Field Checkbox
- In the MemberMouse menu, click Checkout Settings and then click on the Custom Fields tab.
Click the button.
Note: after creating a custom field you may edit it at any time by clicking the icon.
- A dialog box will pop up containing all of the options available for configuring a custom field. Fill in the name field, and select checkbox from the dropdown. Leave the 'Show on MyAccount Page' box unchecked.
- After configuring the custom field, click the button to save your settings.
- Hover over the name of your custom field in the listing to see a tooltip with the field ID number.
Add the Custom Field to the Checkout Page
- Select a location for the TOS area. Most users place it either just above, or just below the submit button. In the text tab of the page edit screen, locate this section of text:
[MM_Form_Button type='all' label='Submit Order' color='orange']
- Add in a new section with your checkbox SmartTag and a link to or text of your terms just above or below that section, replacing the # with the ID you got from step 5 above and the text that best works for your situation. You will need to make sure that you add your code in the Text tab of the editor.:
<p>[MM_Form_Field type='custom' id='1' isRequired='true'] Please check the box to indicate you have read and agree to our <a href="LinkToTOS ">Terms of Service</a> before continuing. </p>
The text above will display something similar when added just above the submit button section: