The MemberMouse MailChimp integration will allow you to easily assign and move your customers to and from MailChimp Lists.
- Creating an API Key
- Integrate Mailchimp With MemberMouse
- Confirmed Opt-In
- Mapping Membership Levels and Bundles
Create an API Key in MailChimp
- Log in to your MailChimp account.
- Click on your account in the navigation bar in the top right corner and the click the Account item.
- In the Extras menu click on the API keys item.
- After clicking the API Keys & Authorized Apps link, you will be presented with any current keys you have for your account along with the ability of generating new keys.
- MemberMouse should have its own API Key for the integration. Click the Create A Key button and follow the instructions to create a new key.
- After the key has been created, copy the key listed in the API Key column. You will paste this key into a field in the next step.
Integrate MailChimp with MemberMouse
- In the MemberMouse menu, click Email Settings and then click on the Email Integrations tab.
- Choose MailChimp from the Select Provider dropdown menu.
- Enter the API Key that was retrieved from the MailChimp website.
- (Available in MM 2.2.8+) Choose your desired Confirmed Opt-In settings.
- Click to save your settings.
More about Confirmed Opt-In Settings
Available in MM 2.2.8+
(Note: MemberMouse settings for the opt-in configuration will overwrite any opt-in settings configured in MailChimp)
The MailChimp integration includes 3 different options for your MailChimp list Opt-In settings.
- Never - This option will not require your users to opt-in to lists.
- First List Only - This option will only require users to confirm the first time they are added to a list.
- Before Every List Move - This option will require your users to opt-in to each list MemberMouse attempts to transition them to.
MemberMouse utilizes the MailChimp API to automatically add and move members between lists based on their access rights. You can choose to enable the Confirmed Opt-in feature for your lists using the MemberMouse integration options mentioned above.
When the opt-in feature is enabled for your MailChimp lists (MailChimp refers to this as Double Opt-in), depending on your chosen settings, the member will receive an email from MailChimp when they're added to either their first list or, if configured, every list, asking them to click a link to confirm they want to be added. Keep in mind, with opt-in settings enabled, it can create a situation where MailChimp can become out of sync with MemberMouse. If the member chooses to simply ignore the confirmation email, they won't be added to list as you expected. To learn more about how MailChimp handles Double Opt-in, you can read this article here: MailChimp Double Opt-in
Map Membership Levels and Bundles to Mailing Lists
Now, you are ready to move onto the next part of email integration where you'll map membership levels and bundles to mailing lists.
- Read this article to learn how to map membership levels to mailing lists.
- Read this article to learn how to map bundles to mailing lists.