MemberMouse integrates with Authorize.net to allow you to accept credit cards such as Visa, Master Card, American Express (Amex), and Discover on your site, without having to redirect the customer to a 3rd party website to complete their purchase.
Need an account? Sign up for an Authorize.net account here.
Note: In order to create monthly subscriptions you'll need to sign up for Authorize.net's Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) product as well.
How to Configure Authorize.net
- In the MemberMouse menu, click Payment Settings and then click on the Payment Methods tab.
- Scroll down and uncheck the box Enable Test Mode.
- In order to fill out the API Login ID and the Transaction Key fields in MemberMouse, go to https://account.authorize.net/ in a new browser tab and log in to your account.
- Click the Settings link in the menu on the left.
- Next, click on the link entitled which can be found near the bottom under the Security Settings section.
- Authorize.net will present you with a screen that will walk you through creating an API Login ID.
- After you have created the API Login ID, you will be shown your unique API Login ID, for example:
Copy the API Login ID and paste it into the corresponding field in MemberMouse.
- Under the API Login ID section in Authorize.net, you will see another section called Create a new Transaction Key. Provide a Secret Answer to the Secret Question. This information is used by Authorize.net to generate a Transaction Key.
- Next, you will be brought to a page with your newly generated Transaction Key. Copy the transaction key and paste it into the corresponding field in MemberMouse.
- Now, you will also need to configure Authorize.net silent post URL to MemberMouse notification URL in order for MemberMouse to respond to events that happen in Authorize.net, such as, successful payments, subscription cancellations, etc.
- In MemberMouse, copy the URL in the notification URL field:
- Then go back to Authorize.net homepage, click the Settings link in the menu on the left.
- Click on the Silent Post URL link.
- Then paste the Notification URL you copied from MemberMouse into the Silent Post URL field.
- Click the Submit button to save.
- (OPTIONAL) Create and place your Signature Key to help enhance your overall security. This signature key is used to create a message hash to be sent with each notification that the merchant can then use to verify the notification is genuine.
To generate your Signature Key:
- Click Account from the main toolbar.
- Click Settings in the main left-side menu.
- Next, click API Credentials & Keys.
- Select New Signature Key.
- Click Submit to continue.
- Request and enter PIN for verification.
- Copy and paste your new Signature Key that is now displayed, into the Signature Key field in your Payment Settings in MemberMouse.
- Go back into MemberMouse and click the to complete the configuration.