When integrating with GetResponse you'll be able to confirm that everything is setup correctly by searching your campaigns for the email address your testing with. If you've signed up for a membership level or bundle that you've associated with campaigns in GetResponse and you're not seeing the email in the campaign search results then check out the possible causes below:
Double Opt-In Process
GetResponse has a double opt-in process which means that they won't show up visibly on your campaigns in GetResponse until the customer has clicked a 'Confirm Subscription' button in an email they receive from GetResponse. The process looks like this:
- A customer signs up for a membership level or bundle that you have mapped to a campaign in GetResponse.
- MemberMouse informs GetResponse via their API to add the customer to the appropriate list.
- GetResponse sends out the confirmation email to the customer.
- The customer confirms their subscription by clicking the link in the email.
- The customer will now show up in your campaign search results in GetResponse.
Special Characters in Bundle Short Names
MemberMouse will send along information to GetResponse about which bundles a particular customer has purchased. The method we use for allowing you to identify the bundles on the GetResponse side are short names. You define the short name for each bundle when you're creating your bundle.
The important thing to understand is that the GetResponse API considers certain special characters as invalid (i.e. hyphens [-]) and if they appear in the bundle short name, then the API call will fail and the customer's email will not be added to the campaign. Only lowercase letters, numbers, and underscores are allowed in the shortname for the GetResponse email integration.