- In the MemberMouse menu go to Product Settings and click on the Memberships Levels tab.
- Under the Actions column, the delete icon will be displayed as red or grey.
- If the delete icon is red , simply click the icon in the row of the membership level you would like to delete. If the delete icon is grey , it will be because of one or more of the following reasons:
- Members - Search for and delete any members still signed up for the membership level in the manage members page.
- Protected Content - Search for and delete any content still protected under the membership level in the drip content schedule tab. If there is still content protected under this membership level you will need to remove access through the pages and posts.
- Default Membership Level - The default membership level cannot be deleted. The default membership level is indicated by an orange flag, as you can see above next to 'Free Membership'. This membership level must be a free membership and is used to ensure that every customer will have a membership level even if the first thing they purchase is not a membership. For example, if a customer purchases a bundle or a product that is not assigned to a membership level, a new account will be created for the customer using the default membership level.
If you have another free membership, you can easily switch it to the default membership level by the clicking on the blank flag next to that alternate membership level.
Checkout Settings - Under Checkout Settings > Other Settings > Default Membership Level or Product, if the membership level is selected here, you will not be able to delete it. To read more about this Default setting and how it's used by MemberMouse, go to Set the Default Membership Level or Product.