Standard licenses give you the ability you use the MemberMouse plugin on a single domain. If you need an additional standard license, then you'll need to create a new account by signing up for the appropriate plan. To review plan options and choose the one that fits your needs, go to our Plans & Pricing page.
IMPORTANT Make sure to log out of your existing account before attempting to purchase a new license. If you're logged in, the purchase will be applied to your existing account and not create a new one.
All MemberMouse accounts come with a complimentary staging license. Our staging licenses cannot be used for commercial purposes and are limited to 100 members. There is no ability for recurring billing. Other than that, they have no restrictions. Just let us know what the WordPress Site URL is on your staging site and we'll set up the license for that URL.
If you're developing locally, make sure it's not just http://localhost. It should be something that will be unique across all customers like http://localhost/yoursitename.
Follow these instructions when installing MemberMouse on a localhost.
Steps to request a staging license:
- Submit a ticket to the MemberMouse customer support team and select 'Staging License Request' from the dropdown menu "What is this about?".
- In the body of your request please provide:
- the email address associated with your account on membermouse.com
- whether the staging license is for a local development environment or a publicly accessible one
- the URL of the WordPress site you're using as your staging environment
How Do I Change the URL Associated with my License?
Migrating MemberMouse to a New Server